We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) and we comply with all of the Act’s requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
What is your personal information?
The datasets which are accessible through the Seer Data Platform do not incorporate any of the personal information that we collect from you. We do not use your personal information for the purposes of generating insights, statistics or other outputs in the Seer Data Platform.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- email address;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- your employment-related information, if you apply for a position with us;
- details of the services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, the data which is available through the Seer Data Platform is not personal information because it does not identify any particular individual. We do not incorporate the personal information which you provide to us into the datasets which are accessible through the Seer Data Platform.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to doso. We may collect your personal information:
- through your access and use of our website, including when you register for the Seer Data Platform;
- when you apply for a position with us; or
- during conversations between you and one of our representatives.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
- from third party companies such as recruitment agents, marketing agencies and other service providers.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful; or
- if you are applying for a position with us, we may be unable to consider your application for a position.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and function, including to provide good customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new services;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- to conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our contractors, service providers or other third parties;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- if you have applied for a position with us, to evaluate your application;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country.
- To whom may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information for the purposes described above to:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, including web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors;
- our professional advisors, such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- our suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships; and
- any other organisation with your express consent.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
You consent to us sending you direct marketing communications in this manner.
At any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see the details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We do not disclose personal information to any third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
How do we secure your personal information?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We will destroy or de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Are there links on our website?
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) toanalyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge you for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, thename, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
How do you contact us?
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Seer Data & Analytics Pty Ltd