Open Data is a great problem-solving tool for local communities.
Seer has taken the hard work out of accessing Open data by sourcing it, cleaning and preparing the data. Our data science and engineering team process and prepare the data so you can work with it quickly.
A Pre-packed Suitcase of Open Data is available to all users to duplicate, edit and share to answer questions relevant to your community. Watch the video below to see how easy this is to do. Seer’s Open Data library is searchable via our updated Search function.
New data sets added to Seer
In line with our vision to be an evergreen data platform for local communities, we regularly add new data sets to the platform to continue to build value for our customers. Recently added data sets include:
- Social Health Atlas – 2006 to 2020
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Social Health Atlas – 2016 to 2018
- Childhood Immunisation Coverage – 1999 to 2018
- Victorian Population Health Survey
- Small Area Labour Markets Unemployment Rates – 1970 to 2020
If you’re interested in getting any of these new data set working for your community, our Customer Success Team is here to help.
The changing data landscape
The COVID-19 crisis has demonstrated not just a willingness, but an urgency to share data and grassroots data collaboration is set to explode. We are now enabling data sharing across communities all over Australia.
This revolution in data sharing and collaboration is transforming the power of Local Councils, community organisations collective impact groups and not-for-profits to build back better. Learn more about Sharing Foundations and community data sharing.
What is Open Data?
Open Data is publicly available data sourced from Government and statistical bodies, such as:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Department of Education, Skills and Employment
- Australian Department of Social Services
- NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research
- Social Research Centre
- SA Police
- VIC Crime Statistics Agency
- VIC Department of Education and Training
- VIC Department of Health and Human Services
Learn more about Open Data or book a one-on one session at Seer Support
Seer Data & Analytics
Co-founder & Chief Data Scientist