Seer wins both Judges and People’s Choice Awards in Boab.Ai Expo Pitch Competition
Some of the brightest minds in AI came together last week for the inaugural Boab AI Innovation Expo. With the aim of putting Australian AI on the world stage, Boab brought together AI experts and influencers for their biggest event yet, with over 6,000 people joining online and in person.
Portfolio companies currently taking part in the Boab.ai accelerator program took part in a fast-paced pitch competition which was judged by both the expert panel and the audience. Seer Data & Analytics, pitched by Kristi Mansfield, took out both prizes, being judged the winner by the panel and winning the people’s choice award voted on by the audience.
The stellar lineup of panelists involved included:
– Jeremy Howard: Founder of FAST AI, co-founder of Kaggle and Fastmail
– Dr Catriona Wallace: Executive Chair at Boab, industry professor & first female to IPO an AI company on the ASX (Flamingo AI)
– Natalie Piucco: APAC CTO Strategic Advisory at Google
– Jeremy Cooper: CMO Clear Dynamics
– Steve Nouri: World’s top AI influencer and Ex-Head of Data Science at CSIRO
Panel members also took part in a passionate debate about whether artificial intelligence poses an existential threat to humanity, and discussed how to scale a business globally with AI. You can watch all the recordings of these sessions on the Boab.ai LinkedIn page.
Thank you to BOAB.ai and partners Artesian (Alternative Investments) and LaunchVic, as well as event sponsor the University of Melbourne for delivering this fantastic event.